/

The Magistrate's Blog (2005-2012)

This blog has migrated to www.magistratesblog.blogspot.co.uk This blog is anonymous, and Bystander's views are his and his alone. Where his views differ from the letter of the law, he will enforce the letter of the law because that is what he has sworn to do. If you think that you can identify a particular case from one of the posts you are wrong. Enough facts are changed to preserve the truth of the tale but to disguise its exact source.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Near London, United Kingdom

The blog is written by a retired JP, with over 30 years' experience on the Bench.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

CRB Nonsense

The rise of the Criminal Records industry has been phenomenal over recent years, and very many jobs now require your record to be checked. It may do a little good, or a little harm, but no matter, it keeps the Bureau's staff in employment.
I have just posted off a CRB request for myself, enclosing the usual proofs of identity (although I refused to supply my bank details - that's a question too far for me). The charity for which I shall be doing a few voluntary tasks will be charged over £50 to check up on the background of someone who has been a JP for more than 20 years, and whose background is routinely checked by the authorities. A simple letter to my Clerk could prove that I am in good standing.
What a waste of time and money!

http://parkingattendant.blogspot.com/http://www.crimeline.info/